Tuesday, May 13, 2014

New Home for Lyme, AK Blog

This is something I've been meaning to do for a long time - create one website to house all of my different blogs and work projects.  I've been in a different type of head and body space over the last two weeks, one where my head is mostly clear, I feel like a participant in the world, but the pain in my body is out-of-control.  It's actually one of my least favorite conditions.  I have all the desire and energy in the world to create and do and go, but my body won't let me.

Two days ago, while doing some very light gardening, the muscles between my shoulders seized up and I could no longer use my arms.  That was……interesting.  After the muscle seizure finally let up a minute or so later, I had to throw a bag of ice on the center of my back for an hour just to bring the pain down to a manageable level.

These types of scenarios occur often when I'm in this type of Lyme condition.  Scenarios where I over-exert myself physically and am then bedridden for days or weeks.  Correspondingly, my mood deteriorates the longer my mobility is affected and the longer I am stuck inside.  It's a self-sustaining loop of bullshit that Lyme enjoys dishing out from time to time.  I swear, sometimes having the symptoms of derealiziation and brain fog can be a blessing…..

One good thing usually does occur when I get like this, however.  Boredom usually ends up leading to something productive - if my body allows it.  Luckily, for the past week, my arthritis hasn't been too bad and my arms, hands and fingers have mostly been cooperating with the command signals from the brain.  There have been a few rebellions here and there, primarily due to my inability to take breaks at proper times.  I'm aware of this and ma trying to learn…..

I didn't set out to write an actual post, but just a bulletin about the blog location change.  I do have a couple of topics I've been mulling over in my head recently that I would like to write about soon.  Perhaps tomorrow (14 May).   It's now time to wrap a few things up and get ready for bed.  Below you will find the link to the new website and the direct link to the new Lyme, AK blog:

NateAtwood.com

My Life in Lyme, Alaska

I will likely have the blog re-direct automatically to the new website in a few weeks.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment