Saturday, January 11, 2014

And Like a Coronal Mass Ejection

my energy came on with a rapid and strong burst a few days ago, and has now vanished as fast as it arrived.  I've had a few good days - for me.  No migraines, body pain has been manageable, I was able to get a few things done that I'd been meaning to do for some time (like start this blog), and was even getting more sleep than normal.

However, I knew eventually that Mr. Herxheimer would be back, visiting with a big bag full of malicious intent and a back pocket overflowing with delicious deliriousness.  Holy hell, I feel like shit after starting these new antibiotics.  It took a few days, but….. Heeeere's Johnny!

I lie down and my body buzzes like the field on those old Electric Football games, my thoughts ambling to and fro, here and there, mimicking the uncoordinated movements of the players on both teams.   Even though I'm lying down, I feel like I'm wearing a suit stolen from the closet of an x-ray technician who has a fetish for lead apparel -  just lifting an arm to get a drink of water has become a monumental task.  I mean, the bottle, it's right there, three feet away.  Nope, not thirsty enough yet.

We'll see how long this round of living in Lyme, AK lasts.  I can already tell the neuro symptoms are going to be hell.  I feel like Droopy Dog on the entire left side of my body.  In fact, I need to wrap this up as this is getting really tough.  I'll probably be ending a lot of posts with those words in the coming months….

PS - usually, with this many pop culture references, I'd include funny pictures.  I'm just too tired right now to go find them.  I loved Electric Football :)

No comments:

Post a Comment