Sunday, January 12, 2014

I Wish I Remembered Being This Happy

This morning I woke up with a nagging feeling that there was something I really needed to do.  Usually, getting up to grab a banana or to maybe make some coffee is the most pressing concern I face early in the morning.  This morning, something was different, though.  Then it hit me - I had a dream that reminded me I needed to look through the package my Aunt had sent my family and I for Christmas.  With my Lyme brain, and with how shitty I was feeling over the Holidays this year, I'd totally forgotten about the package.

The package was filled with old pictures and two DVD videos filled with old family footage.  It's a treasure to have.  I still haven't watched all of the video, but did find a few clips of me with the family, out having fun in the outdoors.  I was smiling, I was happy, I was interacting with others, I looked like I was awake and had energy.  Honestly, I don't remember ever being this way.  I'm glad I now have these videos to prove that I was at least somewhat of normal kid at one point in my life…….

Thanks for the videos, Aunt Pam.  I love them.

It will take some time to chop everything up into clips, and I will do this when I feel up to it.  For now, here are a couple of quick ones I pulled from the second, shorter video.


I believe this is at Bogus Basin near Boise, Idaho.  1977 or 1978, Age 4(ish)


Winchester Bay and the North Umpqua River Valley, Oregon  1981?  Age 6 or 7

No comments:

Post a Comment